Friday, September 17, 2004

Tuesday, September 20th

That is the day my internet access is activated and I can re-join the information superhighway from the relative comfort of my own little aparto.

I got the modem in the mail and I contacted my ISP and I should be good to go on the 20th. Of course all the instructions and manuals are in Japanese, so I'm not guaranteeing that I'll be able to install everything by myself, but I'm hoping the ultra user-friendly MAC laptop I have will help me out and everything will go smoothly.

My life has turned around 180 degrees and I'm now super-busy every week day and even some weekends with school activities. Yesterday I got to school at 8am, taught 4 classes, helped students prepare for an English speech contest after school and then went to night time Kendo practice. I staggered home on my jitenshya (bike) at 9pm and fell asleep without eating dinner.

I hope to get my scooter today, which will be so cool. I go for my Japanese license next week, but my supervisor will be on holiday, so he's letting me buy it today. Woo-Hoo!

Hope all is well where you are.

-Jason

No comments: