Monday, January 03, 2005

Something new for 2005

Here's an added bonus for all my loyal readers.... (the sound of crickets) You are out there, right?

Anyway, I got quite a few calendars for Xmas this year. Which is cool, cuz I love calendars. I never have enough places to put all the calendars I buy and get as gifts each year.

This year I got three nifty desk page-a-day type calendars. One will go on my desk by my laptop at home; one will go on my desk at school, and I don't yet know where I'll put the third.

One of these calendars is made by Entertainment Weekly magazine and has a Pop Culture Quiz question for every weekday and one question for Saturday & Sunday combined.

So I thought I'd just type in each day's question and then post the answer the following day.

Feel free to post your guess at the answer in the comments section. If you just can't wait for an answer, feel free to email me. My email is jasoninjapan(at)msn(dot)com

On to the inaugural question:

Luther Vandross' big break came in 1975 when he sang backup vocals for which pop legend?
A. Rod Stewart
B. Carly Simon
C. David Bowie
D. Eric Clapton


I'll admit this one had me stumped, and here I'm supposed to be some guru of Pop Culture knowledge. Anyway, I'm not making these questions up, so I make no claim that they'll be enlightening or easy or particularly interesting, but over the course of the year, they should be fun.

-Jason

1 comment:

Emily K said...

/me chirps.

No clue on the Luther Vandross question, though. I always suck at pre-1990 pop culture trivia.

Congrats on the snow, by the way. Strangely, Syracuse has received almost no snow this season. Or so I'm told. So that probably means less than six inches so far. It's raining right now, and the temperature is a balmy 4C.