Monday, February 21, 2005

Hinomisaki Sho - 3rd & 4th graders


Hinomisaki Sho - 1
Originally uploaded by Jason In Japan.

So these next 4 pics are of various Elementary school classes that I help teach. This class is a combined class of 3rd and 4th graders at Hinomisaki Shoogakkoo, a small school with only about 50 kids spread out over all 6 grades.

This day I was teaching this class about Months of the year, and then we played a pictionary type game that they all enjoyed. I let them in on the secret of my first name - how if you take the first letter of the months July thru November it spells Jason. I have to spell my name all the time, cuz the katakana for Jason makes many Japanese think it's spelt Jeison instead of Jason.

1 comment:

Emily K said...

I remember noticing that JASON thing, like, fifteen years ago—looking at monthly average rainfall/temperature graphs, I'm sure. But it's been a long time since I've thought of that.

I'm looking forward to seeing my 6-nensei come to JHS. Most of them, anyway.