Sunday, February 27, 2005

Yokan Sho Go-nen-sei


Yokan Sho Go-nen-sei
Originally uploaded by Jason In Japan.

Kamehameha!
The great group of 5th graders at Yokan Elementary.
Instead of always giving the peace sign when we take photos, I try to get the kids to do different stuff. This gesture is a favorite - something I stole from a very popular animated series called "DragonBall Z."

I had a fun day this day teaching the kids how to play "Duck, Duck, Goose" and the kids all got to ask me questions in what the sensei called "Jason's Question Corner." They had to figure out what I said and write my answers down in Japanese on their worksheet. I also got to eat lunch with the 4th graders and play dodgeball with them at recess after lunch. Fun day, but I'm recovering from a cold so it was very tiring and tough on my throat to do all that talking (I had 3 elementary classes and 1 JH class and a teacher meeting after school - issogashii desu nee!)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hello Jason,

Thanks for all your past comments. Sorry I haven't written back as soon as I should have. Your school looks really nice. I got a kick out of the picture where you're making your kids do the "DragonBall Z" gesture. I agree, the peace sign can become a little bit overused.

Also, thanks for linking to me about the Korean cartoons. Mashimaro is my favorite. I even went so far as to buy a shoulderbag with the bunny on it. Now I look like a middle school student (even more so!).

Keep up the quality blogging!

Laura

Anonymous said...

Wow Jason, that's so cute!!

Hope you've recovered from your cold. Everybody I know here in America is sick too =/

-Serge