Thursday, March 23, 2006

Taisha Elementary Graduation 2006


Nagami sensei & pupils
Originally uploaded by Jason In Japan.

Here is Nagami sensei, one of the 6th grader teachers at Taisha Sho, my biggest elementary school, and some of his 6th grade graduates.

Since Taisha is a bigger school than Yokan Sho, their graduation ceremony took a little longer than Yokan's, so I was able to swing by and see the kids leaving the school for the last time.

I had a great time with both 6th grade classes at Taisha Sho this year, and that is in no small part because of Nagami sensei, who is a fantastic teacher and really devoted to English education. I hope I get to teach with him a bunch more this upcoming year. His daughter, Wakiko, was one of my speech contest winners at Taisha Chu this past year and his younger daughter, Kanoko, was in my English club at Yokan Sho. Both are great kids and their English is leaps and bounds ahead of their peers.

Click on any photo for a few more pics from Taisha Sho.

No comments: