Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Kendo and Tennis


Champions!
Originally uploaded by Jason In Japan.

Going thru my iPhoto selection, I noticed that I have pics from earlier this year that I forgot to post.

Here are two such batches of pics from late July. Just before I flew home to America for summer vacation, I went around to watch my kids play in their regional competitions.

I drove about 2 hours south to Gotsu to watch my girls tennis team. I'm glad I did as Saki and Ayumi - two great 9th graders - won the whole competition and were given the trophy for the best pair in Shimane prefecture.

I also drove down to nearby Oda to watch my kendo team compete - neither team - the boys or the girls - made it to the next level - but one individual girl - Yuki W. - made it to All-Japan. And she's just an 1nen sei, so I expect big things from her in the next two years.

Click on either pic to see more from these competitions.

-Jason

girls kendo team

No comments: