Saturday, January 26, 2008

The 2005-2006 school year


last lunch break with 05-06 9th graders - 2.jpg
Originally uploaded by Jason In Japan.

I was looking for pics from my first Sports Day at Taisha Chu where I had a digital camera - which took place in Sept of 2005 - and I couldn't find any on my Flickr site.
So after some searching - I realized that I never uploaded pics from the 2006 Sports Day to my online photo album. And I also forgot to upload other fun pics from the 05-06 school year.

So here are two random shots from that year. The one above is of the group of 9th graders that would hang out with me after lunch during the cold winter months. We'd chat around the stove and just before they graduated in March of 2006, I snapped this picture. They are all now 2nen sei in various high schools, and I will see some of them graduate from HS in March of 2009. Wild!
I still remember all their names and have been lucky enough to run into a few of them since they left Taisha Chu.

The photo below is from the aforementioned '05 Sports Day. It features some of my current 9th graders back when they were 7th graders. I need pictures like this one for my upcoming movie I will make to show the graduating 9th graders at their farewell party.

Enjoy the trip down memory lane and I'll have more pics up soon.

-J

Sports Day - Sept 2005 - 47.jpg

No comments: