Monday, September 15, 2008

Saying goodbye to Sports Day

I'm finished with Sports Day.

I went to three this year. The first one was at my main Jr High- Taisha on Friday the 5th.

Then the next day, Saturday the 6th, I went to Taisha High School and got to see my friend, Ang, and a bunch of my former students.

Finally, this past week on Thursday the 11th I had Sports Day at my 2nd Jr High - Hamayama.

It's been an exhausting two weeks, but it's so, so, so much fun that I'll really miss it come this time next year.

Blue was the color to be this year, as the Blue Team won at both my Jr High schools.

I've had a rare experience as an ALT, having been at the same school for 5 years now, and getting to participate in 5 consecutive Sports Days at Taisha JH.

I had a great time this year and I took tons of pictures and many minutes of video.

The above clip was me sitting down in the background, intending to film a little wrap-up tag for something I'll edit together later, and the emotion of this being my last year at TJH just came over me and I got a little choked up.

For the students, especially the 9th graders, this is THE big event of their year, with only bunka sai (culture festival) left ahead of them before it's all about studying for the rest of the year.

Thanks for watching.
-Jason

No comments: