Friday, January 22, 2010

チュッキョ・フィギュア 浅田真央 インタビュー 2週目

There is an INCREDIBLE amount of coverage of Mao Asada on YouTube. Just click on the above video to watch on YT and then look to the right at all the "related" videos and you'll see an endless amount of vids about the Japanese figure skater.

I can't imagine any American skater in recent years getting as much media time year-round as Mao gets in Japan.

I was in Japan for the last winter Olympics, where the Japanese had disappointment after disappointment, except for the one Gold Medal they got in womens' figure skating for Arakawa's brilliant routine.

I'm sure the pressure will really be on Asada as the country hopes for another Gold Medal in February in Vancouver.

The only reason I see these videos on YouTube is that I'm currently posting SUMO videos every day to my all Sumo channel. When one of my videos gets a lot of ratings or comments, it often ends up in the Top Most Rated or Top Most discussed videos in all of Japan for the sports category. And inevitably, the video at #1 will be a Mao Asada video.

She sure has her fans!

-Jason

1 comment:

owenandbenjamin said...

I think figure skating in general is more popular in Japan than it is in the United States. Maybe that's why she gets so much attention.