Monday, February 14, 2011

Another Valentines Day comes and goes

It's V-day today, and boy is it cold.

Started snowing at lunch today and I'm back under the kotatsu all the time
at home just trying to stay warm.

Can't wait to get back to San Diego in a few weeks and enjoy either
the warmer temperatures or the benefits of insulation and central heating.

For Valentines Day today I offer the following random bit of trivia
from my Peanuts page-a-day calendar:

"Trite but true, flowers bring a smile to a woman's face.
That's what a 2005 Rutgers Univ. study showed.
All study participants smiled when given flowers.
Gifts of fruit, candy, and candles did not elicit even a grin from some of the recipients."

Speaking of Peanuts, my all time favorite comic strip, I feel a little like Charlie Brown on V-day. He and I share a horrible track record in the love department.
It's been 8 years since I had a "valentine" and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Oh well, there's always sumo coming up... (what? they canceled the basho? *sigh*)

-Jason
who got beat in bowling by a guy from Ireland and a girl recently - oh the shame!

Random additional trivia:
Five Frequently Misspelled Words
admissible
defendant
irrelevant
overrule
prosecutor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy v-day prof jason :)