Sunday, February 22, 2015

Introduction to the "Living Appreciation" series

One of the main reasons I wanted to start blogging again was to commit this series to paper, so to speak, and share my appreciations with everyone.

So many older entertainers, singers, actors, directors, novelists, etc have laudatory and praise-filled pieces in magazines and online media AFTER they pass away.  It's only natural to honor their memory.  What I would like to do with this series is say many of the same nice things about some of my most favorite people while they are still alive so they can appreciate the praise while their still living.

I'm going to concentrate mostly on those performers and experts in their field who are over 65 years old.  Despite the sudden departure of Robin Williams and Philip Seymour Hoffman recently, those are unexpected and tragic, I would like to focus on people who've had a long career and hopefully a fulfilling life.

I have the first 3 or 4 subjects already in my head, but after that I'll just be winging it with whomever comes up that week getting the slot.

I hope you enjoy!
-Jason

No comments: